While there isn’t much focus on heating in Florida, we sure do rely on our HVAC systems to keep us cool on the days when the heat and humidity are too much to handle. In fact, the thought of that system failing can be too much. Most homeowners want to do everything they can to keep their homes cool when the temperatures are high. This is why it’s important to make sure your HVAC system lasts as long as possible. King Ray Air Duct Cleaning is here to share some tips to help you extend the life of your HVAC system.
How Can I Make My HVAC Last Longer?
There are several things that you can do to help extend the life of your HVAC system so that you are comfortable in your home no matter what the weather is doing outside. Here are our best tips to preserve your system.
- Change Air Filters: Without proper airflow, your AC system can’t function as efficient as it does when the filter is clean. The airflow is what allows your AC system to work without working overtime. When your AC is working harder than it needs to, it can be hard on the AC system and cause wear and tear that wouldn’t normally happen with a clean filter.
- Upgrade the Thermostat: If your home doesn’t have a programmable thermostat, you may want to consider upgrading it. Older thermostats don’t have the ability to give you an accurate reading. This can cause your HVAC system to work on overload.
- Proper Insulation: Many people don’t realize how important proper insulation is to your HVAC system. Unfortunately, if your home isn’t insulated properly, that air that you spent money to cool will simply seep out the cracks in the windows, doors, and attic. Insulation helps to keep that precious cool air inside your home.
- HVAC Inspection: People may not associate their HVAC system as an appliance in their home, but it is the biggest and most expensive appliance in the house. You should treat it with care and make sure it is properly maintained.
- Get Air Ducts Cleaned: Getting rid of the dirt, debris and other obstructions from the air ducts in your home can help you get as many years as possible out of your HVAC system. No matter how hard you work to keep your home clean, you can’t completely avoid debris winding up in the air ducts of your home. Cleaning them out will increase airflow to your HVAC system and help it last longer.
We Clean Ductwork in Brandon, Riverview, Tampa, Apopka, Orlando, Bradenton, Myakka City, Kissimmee, Lakeland, North Port & Greater Sarasota, FL!
If you can’t remember the last time you had your air ducts cleaned, it’s time to call on the pros at King Ray Air Duct Cleaning to make sure your ducts are free and clear from debris that can end up shortening the life of your HVAC system. Call us today!