One of the hardest parts of remodeling your home comes from the amount of dust that accumulates during the process. It can be overwhelming to have your home in a state is disorganization for so long. One thing that can make the process especially messy is the dust. It seems to be everywhere whenever construction is underway. King Ray Air Duct Cleaning is here to share our best tips to help you contain the amount of dust in your home as you renovate it.
Indoor Construction Dust Control Tips
Construction dust is something that is difficult to deal with in your home. The fine dust that is often present, seems to settle in every nook and cranny in your home. Here are some tips that will hopefully help you keep the dust under control during your remodel.
- Open Windows & Doors: Getting as much fresh air in your home as possible during a remodel can make all the difference. You want to open as many doors and windows as you can in the areas that are getting worked on. Ventilation will help you get rid of some of the dust. You can even use fans to help push some of the dust out any open doors or windows.
- Close Off Sections to Keep Dust Out of Rooms: If you are working on only a portion of your home, you will find that using thick plastic partitions can help you keep the dust and mess contained in that area. You can even use some partitions that have a door that closes to help those coming and going from the space.
- Cut Drywall & Wood Outside: You will more than likely be cutting a significant amount of wood and drywall during your project. It is best if the cutting is done outside where the dust that is produced can simply float away in the great outdoors.
- Close Vents During Demolition: During construction, it is helpful to turn off your HVAC system to keep the dust from getting circulated throughout your home. With opened doors and windows, the cooled air is simply wasted anyway. When you have your HVAC system turned off, go ahead and close the vents as well to make sure as little dust as possible is getting into your ductwork.
- Clean Daily: After the work is done for the day, make sure you take a minute and clean up the space. This may seem pointless, but you will find that it helps to keep the mess contained and is worth your time.
We Clean Air Ducts in Brandon, Riverview, Tampa, Apopka, Orlando, Bradenton, Myakka City, Kissimmee, Lakeland, North Port & Greater Sarasota, FL!
If you have just finished a renovation project in your home, it is time to have your ducts cleaned out. No matter how vigilant you are in containing the dust, there is going to be dust that gets into your ductwork regardless. You can rely on King Ray Air Duct Cleaning to get rid of the dust in your ductwork and improve the indoor air quality in your home. Call us today!