The dryer vent in your home is an important part of doing laundry effectively and safely. If that vent isn’t cleaned on a regular basis, it can lead to problems that could result in a house fire. There is a large amount of dirt, lint and other debris that can accumulate inside your dryer vent. This can leave homeowners wondering how often they should have their dryer vents cleaned out. King Ray Air Duct Cleaning is here to talk about some of the factors that play a role in how often you need to have your dryer vent cleaned
Is Dryer Vent Cleaning Worth It?
There are several benefits that you will see when you have your dryer vent cleaned out. Following are some of the most common benefits:
- Energy Savings: When your dryer vent is filled with lint and other debris, it can have an impact on the efficiency of your dryer. Removing it will help lessen the amount of energy needed to run your dryer.
- Reduced Maintenance Costs: If your dryer is using more energy to run, it is more than likely going to lead to more maintenance costs because of the wear and tear on your appliance.
- Reduced Risk of Fire: Lint is highly flammable and carries with it a high risk of fire. All it takes is one little spark to cause a house fire when the dryer vent is full. Preventing this lint buildup with dryer vent cleaning can eliminate the risk.
How Do I Know if I Need Dryer Vent Cleaning?
As mentioned above, there are several factors that come into play when it comes to how often you should have your dryer vent cleaned out. Here are some things to consider:
- Family Size: If you live alone, chances are, you don’t do nearly as much laundry as a large family does. If you are running your dryer nearly around the clock, you are going to need to have your dryer vent cleaned more often. For large families, you may need to have it cleaned at least once a year.
- Pets in the Home: Anytime there are pets in the house, you are going to have more debris accumulate in your dryer vent.
- New Clothes: If you are a shopaholic, the rate at which you buy new clothes can determine how often you need to have your vent cleaned as well. New clothes produce much more lint than older clothes do.
- Laundry Type: If you are cleaning more blankets and towels than other types of laundry, you are going to see more lint in your vent as well.
We Clean Ductwork in Brandon, Riverview, Tampa, Apopka, Orlando, Bradenton, Myakka City, Kissimmee, Lakeland, North Port & Greater Sarasota, FL!
If it has been a long time since you last had your dryer vent cleaned out, it’s time to call on the professionals at King Ray Air Duct Cleaning to come and give it a deep cleaning. We will remove the lint and debris that keep your dryer from working properly. Call us today!