One of the best ways to make your house your home is to remodel it to fit the needs of your lifestyle. As exciting as it is to change your home and make improvements, it can also be a dirty endeavor. The amount of dust created by a remodel is unbelievable. However, there are some things that you can do as a homeowner to help lessen the amount of dirt and dust that is found throughout your home. King Ray Air Duct Cleaning is here to share some tips to help you keep the dust to a minimum when you are in the process of remodeling your home.
How Do You Keep Dust Down when Demolition & Renovations?
Most of the actions that a homeowner can take to keep the dust in their home down during a remodel are simple. Following are our best tried and true tips to help you reduce the dust throughout your home when you embark on remodeling.
- Open Doors & Windows: The more ventilation that you have in your space during construction, the better. If you have any doors and windows that can be opened during your renovation, that will be a great way to get rid of some of the dust.
- Dust Containment: It is going to be your goal to contain the dust during your remodel. This means that you will need to get some plastic sheeting and some heavy duty tape that you can create a barricade from the rest of your home. Cut a door that can be opened and closed using tape to keep the dust and mess inside the remodel area.
- Cut Wood Outside: There is going to be a great deal of wood getting cut during the construction process. You should do any cutting outside if it is at all possible. This will keep the sawdust outside rather than in your home.
- Close Vents During Construction: The ductwork in your home is all connected. When dust gets into your ducts, it will be blown throughout your home. Close all the ducts that lead into the renovation until the project is complete.
- Choose No or Low VOC Materials: The materials that you use to renovation your home all carry VOCs. You want to make sure you’re choosing the materials that have low to no VOCs so that your indoor air quality stays healthy.
- Clean Air Ducts: Once you have finished your renovation, it is important that you have your air ducts professionally cleaned to remove the dust and debris that has collected in them throughout the building process.
We Clean Ductwork in Brandon, Riverview, Tampa, Apopka, Orlando, Bradenton, Myakka City, Kissimmee, Lakeland, North Port & Greater Sarasota, FL!
If you have just finished renovating your home, it’s time to call King Ray Air Duct Cleaning to come and clean the debris from your air ducts. We will ensure your ducts are free from construction dust so that the air blowing from your vents is clean and healthy. Call us today!